‘Tis the season for pumpkin everything.
Yes, even though October is over I’m still going strong with my pumpkin addiction and will be for a while. (Don’t even get me started on pumpkin butter – oy).
I partly blame this pumpkin pie green smoothie. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
This smoothie comes together in 5 minutes, using 1 blender, and requires just 6 ingredients.
And guess what? It tastes like pumpkin pie! You know, without all the crust and coconut whipped cream. But still…
The ingredients are SO simple you likely have them in your pantry right now. Pumpkin purée is blended with frozen, ripe banana, almond + coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice and spinach!
Two things are optional: A greens powder and protein powder (listed below).
Seeing as I’ve just posted a Vegan Protein Powder Review, I suggest two of my favorites for this smoothie. However, protein is optional! The addition just makes it more of a meal than a snack.
I think you guys are going to LOVE this smoothie! It’s:
& Insanely delicious
I couldn’t believe how delicious this smoothie was at first sip. It makes the perfect fall breakfast, post-workout recovery, or afternoon snack. If you aren’t into pumpkin, try it with Cinnamon-Sugar Apples, Matcha or Mango instead!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see. xoxo!
Pumpkin Pie Green Smoothie
Creamy, pumpkiny green smoothie made with just 6 simple ingredients in 5 minutes. The perfect fall breakfast or snack.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast, Beverage
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 1 small frozen ripe banana
- 1/4 cup (50 g) pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/4 cup (~80 g) organic spinach (best if frozen*)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) plain unsweetened almond milk (more to thin)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- optional: 1 tsp green powder*
- optional: 2 Tbsp (14 g) plain or vanilla protein powder*
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. If too thick, add more almond or coconut milk.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. For more pumpkin flavor, add more pumpkin pie spice. For more sweetness, add more banana, or a bit more vanilla protein powder – optional (or a bit of maple syrup, agave or stevia extract).
- Serve immediately. Best when fresh, though will keep in the refrigerator well covered up to 2 days.
Serving size: 1 smoothie Calories: 188 Fat: 5 g Saturated fat: 3.2 g Carbohydrates: 36.9 g Sugar: 16.4g Sodium: 142 mg Fiber: 6.6 g Protein: 5.2 g